There are numerous advantages to mulching your garden. Using mulch is a good gardening habit and can offer the following benefits:
- Inhibits weed germination and growth.
- Holds in soil moisture, protecting your plants from drying out quickly
- Moderates soil-temperature fluctuations
- In cold-winter areas, protects plant roots from winter cold and helps prevent frost-heaving, in which plants are literally pushed out of the ground by the natural expansion and contraction of the soil as it cools off and heats up
- In hot-summer areas, helps keep plant roots cooler
- Depending on what you use, adds a bit of welcome nutrition to your garden as it breaks down
- Gives your garden a neat, landscaped appearance.
We offer very competitive rates and can have mulch delivered at a time that suits you. We sell small amounts from 3-4m3 to hunderds cubic meters.